11.21.2012

Let the FEASTING begin!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FRIENDS! Today is the first day of our Thanksgiving break and I am so excited to have some time to catch up (on sleep, on reading, on dvr shows, and of course, on work). This past week we have been busy little bees working to prepare for our upcoming feast! We started by making paper bag turkeys:
In the process....

Finished turkey! They made adorable table decorations!
We also made placemats and they came out super cute! The kids weaved thin strips of colored paper through a large sheet of brown construction paper to make the mat. Then they colored pictures and glue them on. When they were finished, I laminated them and they were ready to go!
While making the placemats

A finished placemat!!
We also did some cooking for our families. The first thing we made to celebrate our classroom family was "Friendship Soup". I have my kids make this every year and they always eat it up! I cut up the ingredients in advance, put them in baggies, and scattered them around the room. Then I gave each student a picture of the ingredient that they would be looking for. They searching the room to 'gather the harvest'. Then we put the ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook all day. The room smelled delicious!
The kids with our soup!

Adding the most important ingredient - LOVE!

Enjoying the soup with our friends!

We also made two types of pies: pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake! On our way to the kitchen, one of the trays went flying and pie went EVERYWHERE! We were covered. It was a straight up pie-splosion! Luckily, we saved one of the trays. So we ended up with pumpkin cheesecake only, but they were soooo good!



Then (finally) yesterday we had our fabulous feast! Many of the students families joined us and it was just lovely!







I'm so sad it's over, it really is such a nice time of the year! But I am soooo thrilled it is almost December - I am already gearing up for snow, gingerbread men, and other classroom fun! I can't wait!! Are you as excited as I am?! Hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving! HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I am a new blogger too. Let's support and learn from each other!
    http://kinderpillars.blogspot.com/

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kristen :) Thank you so much!! That is a fabulous idea! I am so glad you checked out my blog, I LOVE yours! Thanks again!

      Delete