4.07.2013

Me Thinky I'll Linky!

It's Sunday my lovelies, that bittersweet day where you can still relax but you know the weekend is coming to an end. Sigh. Why are there not 3 days in the weekend? Didn't we invent 'the week'? Couldn't we have just added an extra day in there? I vote for adding "FUNDAY" after Sunday - who's with me?

I'm happy to be linking up today with a few fabulous bloggers!
First I am linking up with the ALWAYS incredible Lisa from Growing Firsties for her April Shout Out Linky!
I love this linky because I love bragging about my favorite bloggers out there! Here is how it works:
'Shout Out' two bloggers - one with more followers, one with less!


 My first shout out goes to an UNBELIEVABLE blogger who is beyond creative and truly someone I admire :) Teri from "A Cupcake for the Teacher" has the best ideas and has such an adorable blog. I'm sure you already know how awesome she is, but if you don't, be sure to stop by her blog and see all of the *fabulousness* that is Teri :)

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Here are some of her adorable ideas:

    


I am SO excited to share this blog with you :)
DeeDee is one of the SWEETEST people ever and is beyond talented. She creates some of the cutest clipart. She was even so generous and contributed a whopping $25 worth of clipart to my 375+ follower giveaway! Here are some of her clipart sets:
  

She just started her adorable blog Doodle Darlin'. I know she would appreciate some love sent her way!
Be sure to stop by, say hello, and tell her I sent ya :)

Doodle Darlin'

 I am also linking up with Melissa from First Grade Smiles for her super fun "Let's Talk About Blogs Baby" linky party! You should definitely check her out and link up :)




Now I am linking up with the SUPER amazing Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching for her Spark Student Motivation linky! 


This year my students had a seriously hard time with their behavior during centers. They just could NOT get it together. After spending hours on pinterest researching different ideas, I came across this incredible idea from The Lesson Plan Diva. Click HERE to see her post!
She shared a super creative way to motivate students to behave during center time. It is called "Center Patrol" and here is how it works:

**Assign “Center Patrol” as a daily class job
**Designate a special spot in the room for the center patrol materials (center patrol paper on a clipboard with a special pencil)
**When centers get too loud, when students are out of their centers or not on task, ring a bell or call for the “Center Patrol”
**The center patrol will leave their center and grab the clipboard from the designated spot in your room. The center patrol is not allowed to talk. No student can question the center patrol.
**The center patrol places a check next to the name of any student that broke one of the rules. The center patrol is allowed to walk the room 2 times to patrol and then return to his or her center. They will put the clipboard back without any disturbance. Any student with a check will receive a consequence OR any student with a smiley face will receive a reward.

I created my own version of the center patrol form for students to use. Click the picture below to grab a free copy!



And FINALLY, I am linking up with Mrs. Reed from Flying into First for another fun and fabulous "Let's Get Acquainted" Linky party!


This weeks topic is: Stranded on an Island-What three things would you have to have with you?

Island

NUMBER 1

NUMBER 2
MY BESTIE!!! Could not LIVE without my homegirl.

NUMBER 3
MY FAMILY
I'm pretty sure I could get through ANYTHING with these amazing lovelies by my side!




And here is a peek at my new Dinosaur Unit! This took me FOREVER to create, but I am so excited about it. I'm glad that I used it with my littles before I posted it because there were a few little changes I made to make it more teacher and kid friendly :) I hope you will check it out!



And please don't forget to enter my HUGE 375+ Follower Giveaway! Hundreds of dollars worth of amazing clipart and products! Check it out here:


 Enjoy the rest of your Sunday my sweets!
Love and Hugs!

22 comments:

  1. I chose my iPad too! So much you can do on that to stay entertained. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Khrys! Wow! I am impressed with everything you blogged about today!! Is your dino unit for 1st grade too?! I will go check it out! DeeDee's clipart is too cute! Thanks for blogging about her! Gonna head there too!!
    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much girl! You are so sweet :) It could definitely be used in first grade too, lots of fun activities that are 1st grade friendly! Isn't DeeDee the best?!

      Delete
    2. I had to come back to tell you I LOVE your blog post title! Cracked me up!! :)

      Delete
  3. I chose my iPhone. I assumed there would be service there :) I also found some new linkies to do!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you impress the HECK outta me! Thanks for linking up and for such a delicious-to-read post!
    xoxo - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that idea about the Center Patrol. I will definitely be using that and I will definitely be entering your giveaway! :)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it awesome?! I was super excited when I found it and even more thrilled that it worked with my littles!

      Delete
  6. Wow! You were busy today! I L-O-V-E Center Patrol! What a great idea! I think that could work with intermediate kids too! Thanks for coming to my party girl! Hope to see you again next week!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was all over the place haha I love the center patrol too! My kids really enjoy it and it works (so that means I enjoy it too)!

      Delete
  7. Holy COW you were busy today!! Good gravy!! ;O) I love all of your linkies!!!

    I'm definitely in with adding Funday to the week!! :O)
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA I know, linkies are my favey fave! How do we go about adding Funday!?

      Delete
  8. Loving the center patrol idea. My kiddos are finally getting it with centers. I chose my iPhone but could have easily chosen the iPad instead. Either one would be great to have! :)

    Your Dino unit looks great! Have a great week!!!!
    Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, you are the best!! I could never live without my iAnything - I need it all!!

      Delete
  9. Love all your linky parties! And I had to let you know that you were one of my shout outs! Check it out:

    Crayons and Whimsy's April Shout Out Linky Featuring YOU!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh MY GOODNESS! Thank you SO much Christy, I am thrilled and cannot wait to go check it out! Thank you so very much!

      Delete
  10. You must have been talking to my son! This morning he said, "Mama, we should have 3 days of weekend. Saturday, Sunday, Funday."

    Love your blog! mykindergardenblog@gmail.com

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the center patrol! Thanks for the freebie! I am going to have to use this soon...especially now that it is the "end of the year"

    The Frizz

    The Frizz in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! I have never heard of center patrol but I love it!!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete