4.28.2013

SHARE WHATCHA WEAR LINKY!! And a funny story :)

Happy Sunday my sweet friends! I am BEYOND excited to post today about a brand new, super fabby fab, monthly linky party that is starting today!

 
 Me and Brittany from "Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit" are hosting each month. This is totally fun and super chill. Here's how it works:

 
That's right - you can link up as MANY times as you want! Once a day, once a week, or once a month, it is completely up to you!
 
When you link up, please include a link back to the original post so that others can easily find us and join the party! Feel free to use the "Guidelines" button on your blog post as well!
 
I cannot wait to see all of the amazing outfits that you are wearing :)
 
JOIN THE FUN AND LINK UP HERE:
 
 
SO here is my link up for the month. I am using some pictures I have taken over the past month. I plan on linking up again at the end of next week with my outfits from this week :)
 
 
 
 There it is! The very first Share Whatcha Wear post! YAY! I truly hope you will link up and join in on the fashionable fun with us :)
 
And now to share yet another wonderful adventure from my life of kindergarten bliss. The kids were having a particularly rough day. We're talking tattles every two seconds, arguments about crayons/erasers/who is taller/who is shorter/who has darker hair/who has the cooler made-up club/who eats faster/who likes spiderman more/who can scream the loudest (which I ended real quickly)/who has longer toes/who can jump the highest/etc. I think you get the point. So I could immediately tell that centers were going to be more difficult than usual.
 
I am working with my small group when I hear, "I DID TOO BRING MY VA-J-J'S!!" I looked up, taking a deep breath, to see who was screaming this across the room. I see one of my BOYS standing up, red in the face, yelling this at the little guy next to him. And yes, you read that correctly. It was a boy screaming about his va-j-j's (plural. sigh.)  I could only imagine what was coming next. You know that moment when you are calling them over and you just think to yourself, "Seriously? How am I going to handle this one?" I was feeling that. So they came grumping over, all feisty. Here's how the conversation went:
 
Me: Boys, what's the trouble here?
Va - J: HE SAID I DIDN'T BRING MY VA-J-J'S TO SCHOOL AND I DID!
The rest of the class: WHAT'S A VA-J-J? WHY DID HE BRING IT TO SCHOOL? DO I HAVE A VA-J-J? CAN I HAVE ONE?
 
At this moment I am just praying that no one walks into my classroom. Can you imagine trying to explain why your entire class is screaming about vaginas? I'm not sure I could.
 
(After silencing the rest of the class)
Little guy: All I said was that he isn't supposed to bring his va-j-j's to school with him.
Me: Ok, little guy, take a seat for a moment while I talk to va-j-j.
(no I did not call them that - I used their actual names, but for clarification purposes I will call them by this)
Honey, can you please explain to me what it is that you brought to school?
Va - J: It's just my va-j-j's. They are in my bookbag.
Me: (hesitantly) Can you bring me your bookbag please?
 
I was pretty much praying that this was a huge misunderstanding because if I opened that bookbag and found multiple va-j-j's, I would quit.
 
So I opened the bookbag and guess what I saw - pajamas. Yes. Pajamas.
 
Me: Is this what you are talking about? Your pajamas?
Va - J: Yes, I left them in my bookbag after leaving my dad's house.
Me: Did you mean to say "pa-j-j"?
Va - J: That's what I said. Va-j-j.
Me: No honey, I think you mean PA-j-j.
(which, honestly, is still a questionable choice to call your pajamas. What ever happened to jammies or pj's? Did I miss a new trend here?)
 
So in the end, all was well. There were no pa-j-j's in bookbags and the quarrel ended with everyone being friends again. And, yet again, I am left wondering how I make it through each day with my sanity.
 
Hope you had a relaxing weekend my bloggy besties! Don't forget to link up your fashionable moments!
 
Love and hugs!
 

11 comments:

  1. Once again, you prove why any teacher should be following you, not just kindergarten. You make me laugh and laugh!!
    xoxo
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing so hard I can't hardly type! That's an awesome story! Oh the things we have to deal with...love it!
    -Andrea
    simmonsa1@sfusd.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg...hilarious! I don't think I have heard pa-j-j either. Lol. I will be linking up later in the week :) Thanks for hosting such a fun linky!
    xo
    Elizabeth
    Kickin' it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! I'll be giggling for the rest of the day!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  5. That story is HILARIOUS and I LOVE the linky! Your outfits are superb!!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this has made my day! Thanks for the awesome linky too- I'm currently sitting in my onesie making a new resource so I don't think I'll be sharing my outfit today haha!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for that story. It made my day!! I am loving your outfits. Wish we lived closer so we could go shopping together and you could show me what to buy! :) I really want a maxi skirt or dress, but haven't found the right one yet. Can't wait to see your next set of outfits. Hope things are starting to slow down for you!

    Love ya,
    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this link idea!! Will be linking up next week for sure.

    I'm your newest follower, drop by if you'd like. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOO Cute!! I love this idea! :) Will start!..

    I'm now following you.. follow me back so we can link!

    www.loven3rdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Khyrs!
    Adorable outfits! I remember seeing a couple of them! Will you take me shopping?!?! Pretty please??? :) I love the things your kiddos say!
    :)Kim

    ReplyDelete