9.12.2014

A Rainbow of Friends! + Freebie!

Let's face it - kid's like anything that includes food. They just do. And who could blame them?? I came up with this idea late one night before school the next day and was SO excited to do it with the kids. It was a great way to celebrate our brand new friends and create something they could bring home and share the experience with their families.

We started by reading the story "A Rainbow of Friends" by P.K. Hallinan and discussing the importance of friendship!

I started our follow-up activity by giving each friend 4 marshmallows, 4 little sticks (wooden skewers chopped in half), and a plate of Fruit Loops!


Before adding each color of fruit loop, we discussed what each color represents in our classroom!
Red = Love
Orange = Honesty
Yellow = Happiness
Green = Sharing
Blue = Hard Work
Purple = Imagination
Marshmallows = Kindness


Here's how they looked when they were finished! Aren't they cute?!


I printed a fun description on full sheet labels. I had two labels per page. I stuck them on the front of their bags and they were able to take their rainbows home with them!


You can grab these labels for FREE by clicking the link below!!


This made a fantastic bonding activity!! What fun things do you do with your little ones to unite them?

Hope you're having a great week and HAPPY FRIDAY! Hugs to you!
XO

4 comments:

  1. This is so stickin' cute! THANKS BUNCHES for sharing! Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you can use it, thanks girl!!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun activity. I am doing a name unit this week and I am going to do this on Friday as a culminating activity for names and friendship. It seems like a lot of books about names also focus on friendship so I like to incorporate the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testimony On How My Life was Transform through the help of a God-sent Lender..

    Hello everyone, I am Kathie Roper by name, am writing this Testimony because am really grateful for what Mason Diego did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make my family feel alive again by lending us loan at a very low interest rate of 2%. Well I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts for the past three months all I met scammed and took my money until I finally met a God sent Lender. I never thought that there are still genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would advise you to email Mr Diego via email: { diegoloancompany@yahoo.com } and be free of internet scams. thanks... Kathie Roper from California, USA.

    ReplyDelete