9.09.2014

First Day Fabulous!

Aaaaah the first day of kindergarten! A day full of excitement, anticipation, fun, and a bit of fear (for everyone). I want my new sweeties to have a total blast and I want it to be memorable for them. I also want to maintain my sanity and not roll away as a massive ball of stress. It's a thin line my friends, a thin line. But I walk it, and honestly, this was one of the smoothest first days I've ever had! My newly-made kinders are completely adorbs and fabulous, of course. I love them already!

One thing that I do on the first day is make them a first day pin! I've made them many different ways in the past but this year I thought up a quick, easy, and super cute way and the kids loved them!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PIN TEMPLATE AND DIRECTIONS!!

I bought wooden rounds, Mod Podge, and sticky pin backs from A.C. Moore - all for under $10 (my A.C. Moore is a liquidation store and everything is 40% off all the time)! I then made the button faces in powerpoint, making sure the diameter matched the size of the wooden rounds. I printed them on REGULAR white paper - not cardstock.


I painted the back of each paper round with Mod Podge and stuck it to the wood. I then painted a thin coat on the top of each button.


After letting them dry for about an hour, I stuck the pin backs on.


That was it - easy peasy!! They looked so sweet on the kids :) They were proud to wear them home as brand new kindergartners!



I also made first-day crowns for them to wear! We colored and decorated together and they wore them home!



We had a blast getting to know each other! One fun activity we completed was a fun and simple "Colors of My Rainbow" activity.
The kids color each section of the rainbow to correspond with the words written on it. For example, eye color or their favorite color.


You can snag it in my TPT store below!


What was your first day of school like?! I hope it was FABULOUS!
XO

6 comments:

  1. Your buttons are adorable! I love the bright colors. It looks like you had an awesome first day.
    Thanks for sharing
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testimony On How My Life was Transform through the help of a God-sent Lender..

    Hello everyone, I am Kathie Roper by name, am writing this Testimony because am really grateful for what Mason Diego did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make my family feel alive again by lending us loan at a very low interest rate of 2%. Well I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts for the past three months all I met scammed and took my money until I finally met a God sent Lender. I never thought that there are still genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would advise you to email Mr Diego via email: { diegoloancompany@yahoo.com } and be free of internet scams. thanks... Kathie Roper from California, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you sell/have a template of the first day pins?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ebhota who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by salami, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ehbota cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ebhota healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    HERPES. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer Email: drebhotasoultion@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jika anda tertarik atau ingin menjadi digital marketer, anda dapat mengunjungi blog yang saya buat :)
    Digital Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miracle product. Read my review here. […]

    I was cured of herpes simplex virus his contact ___________Robinsonbuckler11[@gmail com].

    this is the best herbal remedy…

    ReplyDelete